You may already be familiar with the terms “reduce, reuse, and recycle” or “reduce, reuse, and recycle”. Waste that is disposed of will be managed so that it does not accumulate in the landfill (TPA).
In this regard, recycling centers in Indonesia play an important role in managing waste. Including garbage collected from households or businesses.
Read on to learn more about recycling centers and how they work.
The definition of a recycling center is
As the name implies, a recycling center is a location specifically designed to recycle waste.
There are several recycling centers built by the government and the private sector. However, some private recycling centers in developed countries can recycle certain items such as metal objects.
In general, the operational way of working in all countries is the same. After the waste is collected, it is taken to the recycling center and sorted by material, size, thickness, density, and so on. The sorting process uses manual and machine procedures.
Waste Treatment Process In Recycling Center
Below are some of the stages of waste treatment at the recycling facility:
Garbage is checked through conveyor belts so that it can be visually inspected by officers. Items that cannot be recycled will be separated.
After that, all waste is separated between those that can be recycled and those that cannot. This makes the recycling process easier and ensures that the correct technique is used. For example, smelting or crushing techniques.
Once the materials are inspected, separated, and are in a recyclable condition. The material will be weighed and ready to be sold as recycled products.
Recycling Center Benefits
Today, modern society is much more environmentally conscious than previous generations. By building recycling facilities, everyone can play a role in preserving the planet earth.
Here are the main benefits of a recycling center:
- The recycling facility ensures that all materials sorted are waste that can be recycled and reused.
- Sending waste to recycling facilities means we reduce the amount of waste in landfills (TPA). This plays a role in preventing global warming.
- We as a society don't have to worry about throwing away recyclables, because there is a team of recycling facilities ready to sort out the waste.
Recycling Center Address in Jakarta
The good news is that in Indonesia there are many recycling centers that can help recycle people's waste. Here are the addresses in some areas of Jakarta:
- DAUR.id: Jl. Raden Saleh No. 18, Menteng, Jakarta Pusat, Indonesia
- Indoscrap Recycling: Jl. Matraman Dalam I, RT.5/RW.8, Pegangsaan, Kec. Menteng, Kota Jakarta Pusat 10320
- UD LIMBAH JAYA: Jl. Kepu Bar. No.176, Kemayoran, Jakarta Pusat 10620
- Depo Pendidikan Pelestarian Lingkungan Tzu Chi: Jl. Krekot Bunder IV Blok.H no.20. Jakarta Pusat
- CV. Surya Karya Steel Scrap: Jl. Kp.Belakang No17, Rt.004/03, Kel. Kamal, Kec. Kali Deres, Sebelah perum. Kambela Permai, RT.3/RW.3, Jakarta Barat 11810
- SINAR BALI JAYA: Jl. Benda Raya, RT.2/RW.7, Kamal, Kec. Kalideres, Jakarta Barat 11810
- Depo Pendidikan Pelestarian Lingkungan Tzu Chi: Jl. Kosambi Timur Raya No.11. Duri Kosambi, Cengkareng, Jakarta Barat, Jakarta
- H4S Babetindo Prakarsa: Rawa Buaya RT.5/RW.11, Cengkareng, Jakarta Barat 11740
- UD. Tiga Putri (Karung & Plastik): Jl. Kyai Hasyim Gg. Marang No.4, RT.1/RW.3, Joglo, Kec. Kembangan, Kota Jakarta Barat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 11640
- Lapak 2M: 10, RT.10/RW.8, Semanan, Kec. Kalideres, Jakarta Barat 11850
- JTP Jaya Tunggal Plastik: Jl. Utan Jati No.83A, RW.11, Pegadungan, Kec. Kalideres, Kota Jakarta Barat 11830
- Perumahan Cinta Kasih Tzu Chi: Jl. Lingkar Luar Kamal Raya. Cengkareng Timur, Jakarta Barat 11730
- Eye 1 Recycle Indo: Jl. Kapuk Kamal, RT.4/RW.2, Kamal Muara, Penjaringan, Jkt Utara 14470
- ECO Beringin. PT: Jl. Kapuk Kamal No.9-10 A, RT.3/RW.2, Kamal Muara, Kec. Penjaringan, Jkt Utara 14470
- Depo Daur Ulang Yayasan ‘Tzu Chi’: Jl. Pegangsaan Dua, Jakarta Utara (Depan Pool Taxi Cendrawasih)
- Depo Daur Ulang Yayasan ‘Tzu Chi: Blok M-9 Selatan no.84-85. Pluit, Jakarta Utara
- Lapak Saiful Sabar: Jl. Ciputat Raya No.56, RT.9/RW.1, Pd. Pinang, Kec. Kby. Lama, Kota Jakarta Selatan 12310
- Kedai Daur Ulang: Jl. Mampang Prapatan XI No. 3A Mampang Prapatan Jakarta Selatan DKI Jakarta, RT.7/RW.1, Tegal Parang, Jakarta Selatan 12790
- Trash E-Commerce Produk Daur Ulang Limbah sampah: Jl. Tebet Barat Dalam VII No.55-56, Tebet Barat. Jakarta Selatan 12810
- Mutiara Limbah: Jl. Petenggangan No.17, RW.7, Srengseng Sawah, Kec. Jagakarsa, Kota Jakarta Selatan 12630
- Bank Sampah Nara: l, Jl. Bumi Pratama III No.4, RW.6, Dukuh, Kec. Kramat jati, Jakarta 13550
- OM Recycle: Jl. Dr. KRT Radjiman Widyodiningrat No.16, RW.4, RW. Terate, Kec. Cakung, Kota Jakarta Timur 13920
- Ratu Kembang Plastik. PT: Jl. Raya Pulo Gebang Blok Jaimah No.29B, RT.4/RW.4, Pulo Gebang, Kec. Cakung, Kota Jakarta Timur. Jakarta 13950
This is a list of addresses for recycling facilities in the Jakarta area that can be used as a reference for waste management sites.. Hopefully it can add information for those who need the address of a waste recycling place in Jakarta.